So today came and went, and much to my surprise I did quite well.
We had a field of 6 age 17+ competitors. It was open weight classes.
First match of the whole tournament was mine.
I won via rear naked choke. I think I reversed his takedown attempt but I can't remember got a little foggy until I realized I had his back and I could choke him.
Next match I won via Ippon. I don't remember what throw it was, it was a reversal off one of his attempts, and what I remember is the hit basically and then I saw the hand go up I love the sound of an Ippon.
Final match for first place, I lost. The guy was very skilled and I resisted for a little while, but was eventually Ipponed. It was a very good throw, I don't know the name, but I do remember telling him once I hit just how nice it was.
Overall it was ran well, and for a local tournament, I would say the quality of participants was high.
My instructors helped me immensely get ready for this, and without that I would of been thrown all day long.
Overall a great experience, and I can't wait for the next tournament. Hopefully the next one is a Jiu jitsu tournament as that is where I am more confident.
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats D...sounds like you did very well for your first tournament!
G'ma C
Proud of you...and Happy Birthday (though I'm posting this a week later).
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment